Vegetable Cheese Omelet: Featuring Rainbow Bell Peppers
Come with me on this journey of deliciousness with a mixture of heart warming and eye appealing vegetable flavors featuring bell peppers. The green pepper has a characteristically spicy and aromatic flavor. It is actually an unripe red, yellow or orange pepper. Red peppers offer the sweetness of yellow and orange peppers and has the spiciness of green peppers. The yellow bell pepper is a soft, sweet and refreshing pepper. The orange peppers have the sweetest taste of them all. The combination of wonderful flavors and textures in this vegetable dish will have your taste buds excited with every bite.
- Melt one tablespoon butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Place onion and bell pepper inside of the skillet. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes stirring occasionally until vegetables are just tender.
- While the vegetables are cooking beat the eggs with the milk, season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a slice of Muenster cheese, or Shred your choice of cheese into a small bowl and set it aside.
- Remove the vegetables from heat, transfer them to another bowl and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter (in the skillet just used to cook the vegetables) over medium heat. Coat the skillet with the butter. When the butter is bubbly add the egg mixture and cook the egg for 2 minutes or until the eggs begin to set on the bottom of the pan. Gently lift the edges of the omelet with a spatula to let the uncooked part of the eggs flow toward the edges and cook. Continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes or until the center of the omelet starts to look dry.
- Lay a single slice of Muenster cheese, Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the shredded cheese over the omelet and spoon the vegetable mixture on to one side of the omelet. Place the remaining slice of cheese on top of the vegetables or sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese. Using a spatula gently fold one edge of the omelet over the vegetables. Let the omelet cook for another two minutes or until the cheese melts to your desired consistency. Slide the omelet out of the skillet and onto a plate. Cut in half and serve.